Dr. Cota's General Information
Current Present Activities:
- Computer Modeling - Air Pollution Control
- Noise Control -industrial, community
- Air Emissions- computer models and monitoring
- B.S.- Chemical Engineering, University of California-Berkeley.
- M.S.- Chemical Engineering, Northwestern University.
- Ph.D.-Chemical Engineering, University of Oklahoma.
- Registered Professional Engineer, California.
- Diplomate of the Academy of Environmental Engineers.
Professional Experience and Service:
- San Diego Gas & Electric - 5 summers as student engineer
- Lockheed Missiles & Space Company- Electrochemistry Research-Fuel Cells
- Consultant- Air Pollution Control & Noise Control
- Member California Regional Water Quality Control Board (1970-1984)
- Member of California Air Resource Board Research
Screening Committee (1984-present)
- Member West Coast Section Board of Directors
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
- American Academy of Environmental Engineers (A A
- Institute of Noise Control Engineering (INCE)
- Air and Waste Management Association (AWMA)
Courses- some courses taught :
- ENVE 304 - Thermodynamics of Processes
- ENVE 309 - Noise and Vibration Control
- ENVE 324 - Introduction to Air Pollution
- ENVE 325 -Environmental Air Quality
- ENVE 411 - Air Pollution Control
- ENVE 416 - Process Control and Environmental
- ENVE 426 - Air Pollution Measurements
- ENVE 436 - Hazardous Waste Management
- ENVE 442 - Advanced Pollution Control System Design
- ENVE 450 - Pollution Prevention
- ENVE 466 - Senior Project
45 years of teaching
at Cal Poly completed June 2011
@ Cal Poly,
San Luis Obispo
Engineering Classes @ Cal Poly:
Address your questions and comments, concerning this site, to
Dr. Hal Cota.
Last Updated: Sept 2012